Pumpkin pie is my favorite pie. There is no other pie that even comes close, and that has always been true. This is my favorite way to make it. It’s my healthy homemade vegan pumpkin pie recipe.
Classic pumpkin pie is easy to make, which is one of the reasons I love it so much. My healthy homemade vegan pumpkin pie recipe is just as easy, but much better for you. There are very few differences between this recipe and the classic pumpkin pie recipe found on the label of Libby’s Pumpkin Puree.
The first difference is that we don’t use sweetened, condensed milk. The replacement for this is a can of full fat coconut milk, but it doesn’t have the same exact consistency. Therefore, we use rolled oats and flax seeds to help thicken up this delicious dessert.
As for sugar, we use brown sugar instead of white sugar. I love brown sugar because it definitely sweetens up your desserts and compliments the natural sweetness of the coconut milk. It also makes this whole pie lighter than a traditional pumpkin pie.
Even though I will eat any pumpkin pie that is put in front of me, I absolutely love this vegan pie. Once you try this version, you’ll fall in love too. Regular pumpkin pie is loaded with sugar, and while it is Thanksgiving and you can indulge, too much added sugar causes you to lose the yummy pumpkin taste.
Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (Recipe Here)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Pillsbury Pie Crust (it’s vegan)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Blend all of your ingredients in a large bowl until they are smooth.
- Pour into a prepared pie crust in a 10 inch pie pan.
- Bake for 27 minutes (it won’t be fully cooked) and then remove from the oven. Let settle until cool.
- Once cool, put your pie in the refrigerator uncovered for at least 5 hours. Normally I keep it in there overnight.
Next time you think about buying a pumpkin pie stop yourself! This pumpkin is so easy and it’s legit just blending all the ingredients together and putting them into a pre-made pie crust. If you’re feeling more adventurous you can make your own pie crust, but the Pillsbury one is delicious, vegan, and simple to use!
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Photo Credit to: Yours Truly
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.