Summertime means I’m all about easy and quick, delicious foods to share with family and friends. Making it healthy is always my goal and this healthy coleslaw with Udon noodles and a honey ginger vinaigrette is perfect. Break it out this weekend!
I love to create an array of make-ahead salads during the summertime and early fall. They are perfect accompaniments for cookouts and picnics. There’s no fussing in the kitchen, yet no skimping on taste either. My healthy coleslaw with Udon noodles fits all my requirements for a great summer salad. Its quick, easy and delicious. Plus, the honey ginger vinaigrette is amazing!
Great recipes start with great equipment, and I highly recommend this KitchenAid Professional Stand Mixer. It comes in so many great colors!
Healthy Coleslaw with Udon Noodles
Healthy Coleslaw Ingredients:
- 1 package (10 oz.) Mann’s Power Blend*
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 bunches scallions, thinly sliced, white only
- 1 package (10 oz.) Udon Noodles, cooked according to package directions**
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
*Brussels sprouts, Napa cabbage, Kohlrabi, Broccoli, Carrots, Kale
** I used Hakubaku Organic Udon Noodles
Honey Ginger Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl, mix the rice vinegar with honey and grated ginger until dissolved. Whisk in the vegetable oil and season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large glass bowl, combine coleslaw mix with beans, Udon noodles, almonds, salt and pepper.
- Pour vinaigrette over and toss until combined. Chill before serving.
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.