I love the French recipe Coquilles St. Jacques, which I often bake and serve in beautiful scallop shells. Yet the traditional recipe is time-consuming, so I created an easy Baked Scallops dish perfect for any night of the week.
Loving scallops means finding fun new ways to bake them at home. This casserole has all the flavors of the French original, without the excessive time to prepare. My easy baked scallops make for a delicious weekday meal, perfect for two people. Prepare the casserole in the morning, then bake it at night. You’ll have a wonderful fresh dinner in 20 minutes.
I’ve included links to my favorite ingredients when possible, but feel free to use any brand you love. I also recommend this KitchenAid Professional Stand Mixer for a great cooking experience.
Baked Scallops For Two
- 1/2 lb sea scallops
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup Italian Panko bread crumbs (I use Roland)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place scallops in a bowl. Squeeze lemon over scallops.
2. Add olive oil, garlic, pepper, and salt, tossing to combine. Place scallops in an oven proof baking dish.
3. Combine bread crumbs and cheese in a bowl. Place bread crumb mixture on top of your scallops. Dot butter over the bread crumb mixture.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until topping is brown. Serve over pasta, tossed with butter and cheese, or rice.
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.