Chickpea Fritters are a delicious and easy dinner. A fried plant based patty that is as healthy as it gets. I’m constantly searching for different dinner ideas to spice it up for my family, and these are easy and oh so great!
I love an easy dinner, but one that is different and delicious. There are my dinner staples, but then there are meals which totally switch it up for my family, like these Chickpea Fritters! They are perfectly easy, quick, and tasty. Plus, they are a plant based patty that’s lightly fried, which means they are still pretty healthy. My fritters are delicious and easy and my whole family loves them!
My chickpea fritters recipe doesn’t have anything out of the ordinary, meaning it’s one of those recipes where you just throw everything into the bowl (in stages) and mix it all together. It doesn’t get any simpler than that, which I love because the prep time is short. We all need quick dinner recipes ready to go!
More BuzzChomp: Absolute Best Plant-based BBQ Ribs Recipe
While my recipe is vegetarian, you can easily make it vegan by subbing classic Parmesan cheese with the vegan version. You can also spice these up any way you like, such as adding hot sauce or a unique spice blend. These are also a great make ahead meal. I prefer to save the frying for right before I’m ready to serve them, but you can also do the entire process in advance. Then put your finished fritters in your freezer, defrost, and reheat whenever you want them.
Recipe Details for Chickpea Fritters:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yields: 6 servings
- 1 can of chickpeas, 15 ounces, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese (can sub vegan version)
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil (I use saffron or sunflower oil)
Also on BuzzChomp: Perfect 30 Day Flat Belly Fitness Challenge
- In a medium bowl, mash up the chickpeas.
- Add in the all purpose flour, Parmesan cheese, parsley, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add in the water and stir all of the ingredients together until they are fully combined.
- Divide the mixture into six equal parts and form them into patties.
- In a large skillet, add your oil and heat it over medium heat. Then add your fritters and cook them until they’re golden brown on both sides.
- If you find there is excess oil on the fritters after they are done, then dry them on a paper towel before you serve them up!
Meet Our Cook:
Mandi Mellen is Lead Editor, Writer, and Host at BuzzChomp. She’s also an Actor, Director and Producer. Visit M Square Productions for her film work, or get lost in her comedy on Pillow Talk TV. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Photo Credits to Yours Truly.
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.