Make a dazzling and healthy salad for your holiday festivities. My recipe for Apple and Brussels Sprouts salad comes with a bonus, homemade lemon vinaigrette. Two great recipes, and both are easy to prepare!
Brussels Sprouts are neglected and shy little bulbs, that have once again become trendy. In my opinion, they are the darlings of the vegetable world. These veggies are healthy, tasty, versatile, and a true chameleon. Brussels sprouts change with ease, depending on the pairing, and are never boring or the same. They make my Apple and Brussels Sprouts salad, with pistachios and Parmesan cheese, an amazing dish for your holiday festivities.
Steamed, baked, roasted, or raw in a salad, your choices for preparing Brussels Sprouts are endless. This recipe is for a deliciously healthy autumn salad. It combines fresh, raw Brussels Sprouts with apples, pistachios, and shaved Parmesan cheese. The salad is then dressed with a light homemade lemon vinaigrette, recipe also included.
Apple and Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 4 cups thinly sliced Brussels Sprouts
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted pistachios
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan Cheese
- Lemon Vinaigrette (see below)
Lemon Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Combine Brussels Sprouts, apples, pistachios and cheese in a large bowl.
- Combine all Lemon Vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Transfer to a salad dressing bottle for storage and easy pouring.
- Toss salad with lemon vinaigrette, or you can serve the vinaigrette on the side. I prefer this salad lightly dressed.
- Refrigerate the remaining vinaigrette for up to two weeks.
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.