This amazing Vegan Pot Pie soup recipe will warm you up and dazzle your senses during these cold winter months. For a soup that’s hearty, delicious, and tastes like a scrumptious pot pie, this vegan pot pie soup hits the mark.
Soups are my favorite, especially when it’s super cold here in Los Angeles, which it has been all winter. I also love pot pie, so this vegan pot pie soup recipe is my next level cooking skills in action. Dare I say, I created a masterpiece of a soup. It’s not too time consuming of a recipe, but do give yourself enough time for this fabulous soup to thicken. Simply put, don’t make it on a night you want a 30 minute meal. This soup needs time to breathe.
My vegan pot pie soup recipe was adapted from this more traditional recipe. There are no peas in my version of this soup, because I went kid-friendly and my children are not currently eating peas. My husband and I didn’t miss them, but next time I make this soup I will be topping it with veggie bacon. That will be absolutely delicious!
More BuzzChomp: 5 Amazing Movies Not On Streaming
To make this soup even heartier, try serving it inside a bread bowl. Otherwise, definitely serve it with a side of bread for dipping! If you’re a family of four like us, you’ll certainly have leftovers. I can’t wait to warm up mine.
Vegan Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yields: 8 servings
- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3 TBSP olive oil (divided up to use 1 TBSP at a time)
- 1 small onion or 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 4 large carrots, pealed and chopped
- 2 TBSP unsalted vegan butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups non-dairy milk (make sure it’s unsweetened)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup white wine
Also on BuzzChomp: Perfect 30 Day Flat Belly Fitness Challenge
Preparation: (Watch Recipe Video Here)
- Peal your potatoes and pierce them with a fork.
- Microwave your potatoes for 5-10 minutes until soft. Allow them to cool, then cube them and put them into a large bowl.
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and add 1 TBSP oil.
- Once the oil is hot, sauté the onions until they are starting to brown and caramelize, about 15-20 minutes. Add the carrots to the onions and continue to cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Add the cooked vegetables to the bowl of potatoes and mix together.
- Reduce the heat under your large pot (now empty) to medium and add in your vegan butter and 2 TBSP of oil.
- When the butter has melted, stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly for one minute.
- Slowly stir in the broth, non-dairy milk, thyme, salt, and black pepper to the flour mixture. Continue to stir constantly as the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the white wine and cook for an additional one minute.
- Stir in the cooked vegetables and cook on medium-low for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If you’re not going to serve this right away, then turn the heat off and cover it. When its time to eat, turn the heat back up to warm your soup before serving.
Meet Our Chef:
Mandi Mellen is Lead Editor, Writer, and Co-Owner of BuzzChomp. She’s an acclaimed Actor, Director and Producer. Visit M Square Productions for her film work, or get lost in her comedy on Pillow Talk TV. You can follow her on TikTok, Twitter and Instagram.
Photo Credits to Yours Truly.
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.