My fun and easy vegan Rainbow Cookies are a perfect holiday treat and great for Valentine’s Day. I love these cookies because they really are easy to make. Plus, you can impress others with how colorful these delicious vegan treats are!
My daughter requested that I make her rainbow cookies so I adapted my vegan sugar cookies into these wonderfully colorful vegan rainbow cookies. These are really easy to make, which is great for you and because your kids can help. My daughter and I made them together and my kiddies and hubby absolutely love them. These are my fun and easy vegan rainbow cookies!
I adapted this cookie recipe from one of my own vegan recipes. The only trick here is to make sure you give yourself the time to refrigerate the dough. I always refrigerate or freeze my vegan dough overnight, because vegan dough gets much softer than regular dough.
The thing I love about these rainbow cookies is how fun they are to make. My daughter loved all of the colors and insisted on making them with me. You can really get as creative as you want with them. I legit kept things simple by just layering the dough, cutting it into cookie rounds, and being done with it. If you want to get more creative, then do it!
More BuzzChomp: Shortbread Christmas Cookies Recipe A Simple Vegan Treat
This recipe makes a lot of vegan rainbow cookies, making them perfect to freeze. Remember, like I say with all my vegan treats, make sure you under cook them and let them firm up as they cool. These cookies harden and the softer they stay, the better!
Vegan Rainbow Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes, plus refrigeration overnight
- Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
- Active Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yields: 24 cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons red sprinkles
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/2 cup neutral vegetable oil (I use sunflower oil)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 (at least) different food coloring (I used 6 colors)
Also on BuzzChomp: Cannabis Gift Guide with 5 New Brands
- Mix your dry ingredients in a large bowl: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sprinkles.
- In a separate bowl, whisk your wet ingredients until smooth: oil, sugar, water, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract.
- Equally separate your wet ingredients into small bowls. I used 6 bowls for the 6 different food coloring I chose. Add at least 10 drops of each food coloring to each bowl. Mix together. Then spread your dry ingredients equally among the bowls and mix, forming into dough.
- Form each colored dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and put in the refrigerator overnight. If you’re strapped for time, you can freeze the dough for an hour and then make the cookies.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, or use a silicon mat.
- Take all of your dough out of the refrigerator and roll out your first color. Then layer your next color on top. You don’t need to roll out each dough. Just use your hands and push it out evenly atop the previous color layer. Once the dough is all layered, roll into a log, and cut the dough into cookie slices. I made simple cookies, but you can also try to make them into rainbow shapes by cutting them in half.
- Using your two baking sheets, spread your cookies out because they will expand!
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. I put both cookie sheets into my oven together and they needed 10 minutes. The cookies will puff up a bit and be slightly brown on the bottom. Once done baking, let them cool for two minutes, then transfer to a drying rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to five days.
Meet Our Chef:
Mandi Mellen is Lead Editor, Writer, and Co-Owner of BuzzChomp. She’s an acclaimed Actor, Director and Producer. Visit M Square Productions for her film work, or get lost in her comedy on Pillow Talk TV. You can follow her on TikTok, Twitter and Instagram.
Photo Credits to Yours Truly.
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.