This homemade vegan English Muffin Bread perfectly embodies the greatness of an English Muffin in delicious slices of bread. It’s tasty for all occasions! This recipe is one of the easiest bread recipes to make and really tastes like English Muffins. Consider it perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or just a snack.
I love English Muffins, so I couldn’t resist making this amazing English Muffin bread recipe. Because I’m a vegan baker, I once again adapted my recipe to become vegan, starting with the one from this website. English muffins are so delicious and this bread truly tastes like them!
When making a non-vegan recipe into a vegan one, I always use unsweetened almond milk. I find this to be the closet to dairy milk for baking. This recipe was a perfect vegan adaptation and makes a lot of bread. If you’re not going to eat it within the week, then put it in your freezer and defrost as you see fit. I also sliced mine into thinner pieces, but you can totally shape this for however you like. My pan was 9×9, but a traditional loaf pan would also work great.
More BuzzChomp: 5 Amazing Movies Not On Streaming
Make this bread the star of your meal by using it for sandwiches or as the perfect toasted side. It is truly delicious. Try topping it with a little butter, jelly, or melted cheese and you’ll be completely satisfied.
Vegan English Muffin Bread
Recipe Details for English Muffin Bread:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Rising Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yields: 16 servings
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 2 TBSP yeast (or two packets)
- 1 TBSP Agave
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk (almond milk)
- Olive oil spray and corn meal for dusting pan
Also on BuzzChomp: Perfect 30 Day Flat Belly Fitness Challenge
Preparation: (Watch Recipe Video Here)
- Mix your yeast, agave, and water in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Stir together your salt, baking soda, and flour in a separate bowl.
- Add in the non-dairy milk and one cup of your flour mixture to the yeast mixture. Blend well.
- Add the rest of the flour mixture and blend well. It will be a bit goopy.
- Spray a 9×9 glass baking pan with your olive oil spray and coat with corn meal.
- Spoon out half of your batter and form into a log. Place the log into the pan. Do the same for the rest of the dough.
- Set your dough aside in a warm place for 30 minutes to rise. The dough should double in size.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dust the dough with corn meal and bake for 15 minutes. If its not golden enough on top, then bake for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cool, slice and enjoy!
Meet Our Baker:
Mandi Mellen is Lead Editor, Writer, and Co-Owner of BuzzChomp. She’s an acclaimed Actor, Director and Producer. Visit M Square Productions for her film work, or get lost in her comedy on Pillow Talk TV. You can follow her on TikTok, Twitter and Instagram.
Photo Credits to Yours Truly.
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.