One of my favorite blog post themes is ‘TRIED & TRUE’ or T&T for short.
I share an all-time-favorite product or service and you reap the rewards. Below are five (JACKPOT!) T&T products that I needed to share.
If it’s taming your hair, spiffing up your house, or pampering yourself, one of the below might be right up your alley.
T&T FOR THE HOME
- Voluspa Candles – I prefer the 16 oz. large size that comes in a gorgeous glass jar and I like to order mine from Beauty.com – They retail for $24.00 which is a better price than other retailers. I’ve also been able to find 15-20% off coupons for extra savings!
- These candles smell divine. They let off a nice fragrance that completely fills a room. My favorite scent is Santiago Huckleberry. It comes in a deep purple jar (see pic).
- Bonus – Once you get to the bottom of the jar, pop it in the freezer for a bit and you can easily pop out the remaining wax. Then you can use the empty jar for storage, like a pretty makeup brush holder!
T&T FOR YOUR HAIR
- Oribe Soft Dry Conditioner Spray – I pick mine up at Bluemercury for $35.
- I was at first apprehensive with this spray… I really didn’t need another hair product. But with a few sprays of this conditioner my hair feels silky soft and smells incredible. The signature Oribe scent is one of a kind
- It’s great if you want to tame fly-aways or soften up your ends after blow drying or straightening. It’s a lifesaver in the summer when my ends need extra conditioning after being in the sun & sand and it does not weigh hair down!
T&T IN THE SHOWER
- Dr. Bronner’s All-One Hemp Pure Castile Soap in Lavender – Only $4.29 at Drugstore.com (or you can pick up at Whole Foods).
- I always associated bar soap with skin dryness until I tried Dr. Bronner’s. This soap makes a great lather, smells wonderful, and doesn’t dry out my skin.
- Dr. Bronner’s also makes liquid soap in a variety of scents – I use the unscented to clean my dogs. It really is a versatile soap and people use it for general cleaning as well.
- This lavender bar is my go-to everyday body soap. The scent relaxes me and I always feel clean (no soapy residue) and soft after I use it.
- Bonus – Its made with organic ingredients and is Paraben Free!
T&T FOR YOUR SKIN
- The Honest Company’s Organic Body Oil – Just $9.95 at Honest.com.
- This is a wonderful body oil – I use it every day mixed with my body lotion. You can also use it alone and it works great. It makes my skin super soft and has a very light fragrance. I love that it gives my skin the extra moisture it needs and it’s formulated without Parabens. Plus it’s both organic and vegan.
- The Honest Company was founded by actress Jessica Alba and it offers many great products. I also use the Bathroom Cleaner and love it. The products are all reasonably priced for the quality!
T&T FOR SUN PROTECTION
- COOLA Sport Classic Sunscreen, SPF 45, Fresh Mango scent – Pick it up for $32.00 at Drugstore.com.
- COOLA Face, Classic Moisturizing Suncare, SPF 30, Unscented – Also $32.00 at Drugstore.com.
- I searched high and low for more natural sunscreen options and was delighted to find this line. I’ve never looked back. Yes, it’s a bit more expensive than your run of the mill sunscreen, but it’s Paraben free and more natural.
- I’ve used it for the past two summers and it’s done me well. I use the sport sunscreen for my body and the face sunscreen for my face and neck/décolletage. I’m hoping they come out with a SPF 30+ face version because I’d use a stronger sunscreen if they had it.
- A huge plus is that it doesn’t sting your eyes! With other suncreens I’ve had my face in a towel or had to pour water over my eyes to help soothe the burning. I’ve not had that issue with COOLA. Love this brand – I’ve stocked up for Summer 2014!
Those are just a few of my Tried & Trues– Please feel free to share some of yours in the comments section below!
**Click HERE to follow Cupcakes & Nailpolish on Facebook!**