I love to entertain in the summer and preparing dishes in advance is a must. My tricolor Fingerling Potato Salad with tomatoes and olives is the perfect cold salad to accompany grilled fish or meat. You’ll truly enjoy it!
I love to prepare food in advance, especially during the summer months when I’m entertaining. This leaves only the grilling to be done day of. And what’s better than a delicious cold salad to accompany grilled fish or meat? My tricolor Fingerling Potato Salad is easily made ahead of time so you are free to enjoy your time with family and friends. I’ve mixed in tomatoes and olives for color and highly recommend adding some spice if you like a kick.
If you want to dazzle your guests, then pick up some beautiful eco-friendly outdoor dinnerware. This 6 piece set is both dishwasher safe and available in a variety of colors and styles. It’s a perfect complement to a fabulous meal.
Fingerling potato salad is a summer staple in our family and should never be boring. I use all different ingredients to create an array of different potato salads, but this one is a personal favorite because of all the rich colors involved. My tricolor fingerling potato salad uses red, white and blue gourmet potatoes for extra color and taste. Plus its festive for July 4th! Adding tomatoes and olives enhances the flavor as well. Have fun with interesting and different salads; experiment!
If you’re in need of baking help, I recommend this KitchenAid Professional Stand Mixer for a great cooking experience!
Tricolor Fingerling Potato Salad
- Tricolor Fingerling Potatoes package (28 oz.), cut into halves
- 2 Tbsp. plus ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup halved pitted black olives from a can
- 1 Tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Place potatoes in a large pot and pour in cold water to cover by 2 inches. Add 2 Tbsp. of salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are just tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, then let cool slightly (the potatoes should be warm when you dress them, which will help them soak up the dressing).
- Meanwhile, cook eggs in a large saucepan of boiling water for 8 minutes (whites and yolks will be set). Drain and transfer to a bowl of ice water and let cool. Drain again, peel, and quarter three eggs. Set aside one egg for garnish.
- Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, garlic powder, pepper, and remaining ½ tsp. salt in a large bowl. Add potatoes, eggs, tomatoes, half of olives. Fold gently until combined and completely coated.
- Transfer salad to a platter and top with remaining olives and sliced egg.
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.