Our Sweet and Sour Coleslaw recipe is the perfect summertime complement to your meal. Plus, its only two steps and bursting with flavor. Make extra for leftovers!
Summertime salads that are easily made ahead of time are a favorite of mine. They provide a tasty complement to every meal, like our sweet and sour coleslaw recipe. I love to combine different ingredients and flavors into a salad, adding fruits and nuts for both sweetness and crunch.
To create the crunchy, tangy, sweet and sour taste of this coleslaw I added pineapple, almonds, soy sauce, a hint of garlic, and a touch of Chinese Five Spice. Amazingly, I always find the perfect combination when creating a new fusion of spices. This Sweet and Sour Coleslaw recipe is a new, outstanding, addition to my summertime salad repertoire. Make sure you add it to yours!
I’ve included links to my favorite ingredients when possible, but feel free to use any brand you love. I also recommend this KitchenAid Professional Stand Mixer for a great cooking experience.
Sweet and Sour Coleslaw
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon low-salt soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 package (12 ounces) Dole Classic Coleslaw
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 green onions, chopped
1. Combine pineapple juice, red wine vinegar, oil, soy sauce, Chinese Five Spice, garlic, pepper, and salt in a lidded jar or cruet. Cover and shake well.
2. Toss coleslaw, pineapple, almonds, and green onions together in a large bowl. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Garnish with pineapple and almonds. Chill and serve cold.
Enjoy your Sweet and Sour Coleslaw!
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.