I made this White Chicken Chili in a slow cooker which mellowed the flavors to perfection. The aromas that fill your home are divine. An amazing winter recipe!
My white chicken chili is perfect for a large crowd, or to freeze in individual containers for quick meals when you have no time to cook! Its great without, but for a little kick I added tequila! Best served with fresh Italian bread and a mixed green salad.
White Chicken Chili
- 3 cans (14.5 ounces each) white beans
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 medium poblano peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and meat chopped into cubes
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 limes, juiced, plus lime wedges for serving
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Sour cream, for topping (optional)
- Tortilla chips, coarsely crushed, for topping (optional)
1. Drain and rinse the canned white beans.
2. In a food processor puree half of the beans until smooth.
3. In a slow cooker bowl place the whole and puree beans, peppers, onions, garlic, seasonings, and chicken. Stir to mix together.
4. Combine chicken broth, tequila, and lime juice in a bowl. Pour over chicken mixture in slow cooker.
5. Cook on low for 5 hours.
6. Serve the chili in individual bowls topped with a dollop of sour cream, crushed tortilla chips, and lime wedges. All toppings optional, because this chili is so good even without toppings.