Pies are absolutely delicious and relatively easy, making them perfect for new recipes! This chocolate cream pie is so sinful and did not disappoint. Another must try vegan pie!
I’m a big fan of pies, although I usually make them around the holidays exclusively. Since its always a great time for new recipes, I decided to make a chocolate cream pie, vegan of course! I love chocolate and love chocolate pie, but this was my first time making my own. This pie is basically a two three step recipe, so its easy to make and truly a delicious and sinful vegan dessert.
My vegan recipe is adapted from this recipe here, which is also a healthier pie. I chose to use a store-bought pie crust to save time, but I might try making my own next time for fun. I also went with a very soft tofu, which I found to be perfect for this recipe. My favorite vegan chocolate chips are the chocolate chips from Trader Joe’s. They are dairy free and delicious and melt so easily.
More BuzzChomp: Perfect Vegan Ginger Molasses Cookies
This pie needs to be refrigerated to solidify and I put mine in the refrigerator over night, which was perfect. After the minimum of two hours I didn’t think it had solidified enough, so either make this in the morning to serve at night, or make it a day ahead of time. This is also a great recipe to have your kids help you with, because there are no intricate steps.
Vegan Chocolate Cream Pie
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Chill Time: Overnight (minimum of 2 hours)
- Total Time: 30 minutes + Chill Time
- Yields: 8-10 servings
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 TBSP non-dairy milk (I recommend unflavored almond milk)
- 1 1/2 cups dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 pie crust
- Dairy free whipped cream
Also on BuzzChomp: Perfect 30 Day Flat Belly Fitness Challenge
Preparation: (Watch Recipe Video Here)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out your pie crust, if using a store-bought crust, and blind bake it. This means that you line the top of it with either tin foil or parchment paper and then use something to weigh it down on top. You can use beans, rice, or even quinoa, which is what I used.
- Bake your pie crust for 15-20 minutes. Let it cool completely once it’s done.
- Melt your chocolate chips in the microwave. It should take about 1 1/2 minutes (90 seconds). Stir up your melted chocolate to ensure its fully like a liquid.
- Add all of your other ingredients into a blender, then add in the melted chocolate chips. Blend on medium speed until fully mixed together.
- Pour your batter into the cooled pie crust and refrigerate for AT LEAST 2 hours. I recommend refrigerating it over night.
- Top with whipped cream when you’re ready to serve.
Meet Our Chocolate Cream Pie Creator:
Mandi Mellen is Lead Editor, Writer, and Co-Owner of BuzzChomp. She’s an acclaimed Actor, Director and Producer. Visit M Square Productions for her film work, or get lost in her comedy on Pillow Talk TV. You can follow her on TikTok, Twitter and Instagram.
Photo Credits to Yours Truly.
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.