Quick and easy recipes are always welcome during the busy holiday season, but you can’t sacrifice taste. My Shrimp Stew with feta cheese is delicious and easy!
I love to serve this shrimp dish over Arborio rice or orzo, which is a rice shaped pasta. Both soak up the flavors of the stew and add a wonderful texture to the dish. The choice is yours. Either way you’ll have a wonderful meal that’s so good and so easy. Serve with salad and fresh bread for the perfect homemade meal.
Shrimp Stew with Feta Cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon mint
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Hunt’s Petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 lb. uncooked shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped calamata olives
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
1) Heat olive oil in large skillet.
2) Add garlic and shallots, cooking on low heat for 10 minutes until onions are translucent. Do not brown.
3) Add red pepper, mint, oregano, salt and diced tomatoes to your skillet, simmering for 20 minute.
4) Add shrimp and cook for five minutes, or until the shrimp are no longer pink.
5) Stir in lemon juice and olives. Top with feta cheese.
Serve over rice or orzo. Add a nice tossed salad and fresh bread for a wonderfully easy and delicious meal! Makes four servings.