We love vegan baking and wow, this recipe is tremendous! I had a packet of yeast left and finally tried my hand at cinnamon bread. This recipe is so much more! It is a scrumptious vegan cinnamon roll bread!
This vegan cinnamon roll bread recipe is sinfully delicious. I set out to make a cinnamon swirl style bread, but fresh and homemade. Instead I got something beyond my imagination. This ‘bread’ turned out to be an incredible dessert. Its amazing, but actually a vegan cinnamon roll bread. This deliciously sweet treat is too good to miss. I first found my starter recipe and then adapted it to what you find below.
What I love about this recipe is that it’s super simple and not that time consuming. So many bread recipes take forever. You normally have to let the dough rise for an extended period of time, upwards of 18 to 24 hours. The rise time on this bread is only one hour! That means that you can make this bread at any point in the day and your family can enjoy it that day!
More BuzzChomp: Simple and Amazing Vegan Peasant Bread Recipe
I still don’t have a loaf pan, so I used a round ceramic dish instead. That really gave me the cinnamon roll feel. The bread expanded, rose up, and became huge in my pan. I love that it did that! Consequently, when I make this recipe again I will cut the dough in half and make two smaller rounds. You can also use two loaf pans for this bread, instead of just one, because it rises so much in the oven.
This vegan cinnamon roll bread is amazing, delicious, and easy to make. Once I can get more yeast I will immediately make it again. It’s definitely a treat because its so gooey and sweet. I chose not to add anything extra to the bread, but you can add nuts, peanut butter, or raisins to the inner swirl. If you want to be extra sinful, add a glaze to the bread, though I don’t think it’s necessary.
Vegan Cinnamon Roll Bread
- Prep Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours and 10 minutes
- Yields: 14 servings
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk (I use almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package instant yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons, water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- Heat the milk and vinegar in a small sauce pan until they are simmering. Remove from the heat and add in the butter. Stir until the butter melts. Then let the milk mixture cool until lukewarm.
- In a large mixing bowl, add 2 1/4 cups flour, yeast, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add water to the cooled milk mixture and mix. Add the milk mixture (wet) into the flour mixture (dry) and mix thoroughly. It will be sticky.
- Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, into your bowl, stirring well after each addition. Once the dough starts to form into a ball, knead it in the bowl for about 5 minutes, sprinkling with flour to keep it from getting too sticky.
- Spray the top of the dough with vegetable oil, cover with a damp cloth, and let is rise for one hour, give or take.
- Make your filling by mixing the brown sugar, cinnamon, and softened butter in a small bowl. Stir until combined.
- Roll out the dough into a 8″ X 20″ rectangle. Spread the cinnamon sugar mixture (your filling) evenly over top.
- Starting at the far end, roll the dough toward you and pinch the final seem. Place this in your lightly greased loaf pan or circular pan and cover with a damp cloth. Let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until the crust is lightly browned. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Allow the bread to cool for at least 10 – 15 minutes. Slice it while warm and serve, or store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can also freeze the bread for up to one month.
Meet Our Baker:
Mandi Mellen is Lead Editor, Staff Writer, and Featured Host at BuzzChomp. She’s an Actress, Writer, Director and Producer. Get lost in her Youtube comedy channel PillowTalk TV. Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.