My Gingerbread Tea Cake is exceptional and its vegan! Bake this treat for a perfect mother/daughter tea party. In my world, gingerbread is great any time of the year. This tea cake is fluffy, sweet, and absolutely delicious.
My daughter loves to bake with me and since I’m a vegan baker, we always adapt recipes. She has a cookbook entitled Pink Princess Tea Parties by Barbara Beery with some incredible recipes in it. After much deliberation, we decided upon her gingerbread tea loaves as our first recipe to bake from the book. I then adapted it into my own version which is vegan and absolutely delicious!
More BuzzChomp: Absolute Best Plant-based BBQ Ribs Recipe
Switching the original recipe to be vegan was very simple. I used plant based butter and I used flax seed eggs. That’s it! Flax seed eggs are super easy to make, combining ground flax seeds and water. Make your flax seed eggs at the start of the recipe and set it aside. This way the flax seed eggs have a chance to solidify and they substitute perfectly for eggs. Then enjoy your deliciously fluffy and sweet vegan gingerbread tea cake!
Vegan Gingerbread Tea Cake
Recipe Details for Gingerbread Tea Cake:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yields: 10-12 servings
- 1/2 cup plant based butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 flax seed eggs (1 TBS ground flax seeds and 3 TBS water)
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
Also on BuzzChomp: Perfect 30 Day Flat Belly Fitness Challenge
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 9-inch baking pan with foil, then spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix your flax seed eggs in a bowl, combining ground flax seeds with water, and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl combine your plant based butter and light brown sugar. Blend on low speed until fluffy, for about 3 to 5 minutes. This is your wet mixture.
- In separate bowl, whisk together your flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Slowly add this dry mixture into your wet mixture (butter and sugar) and beat for one minute.
- Add in the flax seed eggs and beat until blended. Next, mix in your molasses.
- Heat your apple juice in the microwave until hot, about 45 seconds, and add to your mixture. Mix or beat on low speed until your batter is smooth and creamy.
- Pour your batter into your prepared baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove your gingerbread tea cake from the oven and take it out of pan, letting it cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Meet Our Baker:
Mandi Mellen is Lead Editor, Writer, and Host at BuzzChomp. She’s also an Actor, Director and Producer. Visit M Square Productions for her film work, or get lost in her comedy on Pillow Talk TV. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Photo Credits to Yours Truly.
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.