If you follow my blog, then you know I love tomatoes. This dish is a simple combination of fresh tomatoes and mozzarella over quinoa, bursting with natural flavors and color!
Big, juicy, heirloom tomatoes in rainbow colors and petite cherry tomatoes, colored in bright hues by the sun, are my favorite fruits. I’ve never met a tomato I didn’t want to eat. Inevitably, all of the bountiful tomatoes of summer find a place in my cooking, either fresh or gently simmered, bursting with flavor. This dish of fresh Tomatoes and Mozzarella is served over grains, making a wonderful pairing for a light lunch, or a tasty side dish.
Both simple and bursting with natural flavors, I like to call this recipe simply perfect. You can use any grain as the base for this recipe, so pick out your favorite. I chose quinoa, but have also made this dish with Farro and Israeli couscous in the past.
Links to my favorite ingredients have been included when possible, but feel free to use any brand you love. I also recommend this KitchenAid Professional Stand Mixer for a great cooking experience.
Fresh Tomatoes and Mozzarella over Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked according to package instructions
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic fig vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh mozzarella cheese
1. Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, and herbs in a bowl, mixing with a whisk.
2. Toss cooked quinoa with half of oil mixture and place on a plate.
3. Top with tomatoes, cucumbers, and mozzarella. Drizzle with remaining oil mixture. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Enjoy your Tomatoes and Mozzarella!
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.