Asian Noodle salads are so easy and delicious and have always been a favorite of mine. This cold Soba Noodle Salad is one of my best because it’s a vegan recipe that’s great for both lunch or a light dinner. Another great and versatile recipe!
Soba noodles are especially versatile in soups, stir fry, and salads. It’s why I chose them for this cold vegan salad. They are a little more substantial than glass noodles, which I adore in a Big Bowl Soup (more on that in another post!). Using soba noodles as a base for salads creates a variety of different tastes. This cold soba noodle salad has a Middle Eastern flavor, because I added garbanzo beans and tahini. Don’t worry, it still retains an asian flair!
Summertime is perfect for light salads that are filling and bursting with flavor. If you prefer more protein, then you can top this cold soba noodle salad with grilled tofu. Don’t be afraid to experiment and create a salad that’s just for you!
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring or tasteless. Add wonderful and complementary flavors to enhance your veggies and noodles, then use a dressing that is light and refreshing. The dressing that I created for this salad can also be used to marinate veggies, chicken or fish before grilling. Let your imagination be your guide. Food should be savored and be an experience to enjoy. If you are present, really tasting food, you will become naturally full and never over eat. Eating foods rich in fiber, like this salad, will also fill you up naturally with fewer calories. Nothing is more enjoyable than that!
If you’re in need of baking help, I recommend this KitchenAid Professional Stand Mixer for a great cooking experience!
Cold Soba Noodle Salad
- 1/2 package Soba Noodles (I use Simply Asia Soba Noodles)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (15.5 oz) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (I use Goya)
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced (white only)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan salt
- Thinly sliced green of scallions
- Cook soba noodles according to package instructions.
- Drain and place in a medium bowl.
- Combine lemon juice, vinegar, tahini and oil in a small bowl.
- Toss noodles, carrots, beans, scallions and seeds together.
- Add lemon, vinegar, tahini and oil to noodles. Toss again.
- Top with a pinch of salt and sliced scallion. Can be served at room temperature or chilled for an hour.
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.