Fall is my favorite and I adore everything pumpkin. My mom used to make an amazing pumpkin chocolate bread, but I dare say my vegan pumpkin spiced bread rivals it! It’s easy and the absolute best recipe.
Are you ready for the absolute best vegan pumpkin spiced bread recipe? As someone who adores pumpkin, I scoured the internet for a recipe to adapt and make my own. The original recipe came from Pinterest, which is my favorite place to find amazing new treats. I adapted it, perfected it, and made an unforgettable treat that’s simply the best.
More BuzzChomp: Classic Vegan White Cake
What’s different about my vegan pumpkin spiced bread? The original recipe did not include any pumpkin spice, so I added the spice and perfected the recipe with a little tweak here and there. Basically, I always have pumpkin pie spice in my cabinet. I love to make my own pumpkin pie and you can find my recipe here. Its my favorite dessert and a Thanksgiving staple in my home, so I wanted to turn it into a tasty fall bread for my daughter. Adding pumpkin spice to this bread gives it such a delicious kick.
This bread is completely vegan, but just as moist as its traditional counterpart. Awhile back I began baking exclusively vegan, that way all of my friends can enjoy my treats. I’ve made so many vegan desserts for non-vegans and no one can ever tell the difference. That just goes to show you how delicious vegan baking is.
Also on BuzzChomp: Kale and Farro Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
A key ingredient to this pumpkin bread is the “flax egg.” I’ve talked about flax eggs before and they are truly easy to make. One flax egg consists of the following: 1 TBSP of ground flax seeds and 2 1/2 TBSP of water. That is literally it. Mix them together in a bowl and let stand for five minutes. I always keep a package of flax seeds in the cabinet and keep a container of pre-ground flax seeds in there as well.
My recipe below is very easy to make, trust me. And its so delicious! You can freeze the bread, or keep it in the fridge. It will get you and your family into the fall spirit. Yay for pumpkin season!
Vegan Pumpkin Spiced Bread
- 1 TBSP ground flax seeds (for your flax egg)
- 2 1/2 TBSP water (for your flax egg)
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (I use almond milk)
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 TSP baking soda
- 1/2 TSP baking powder
- 1 TBSP ground cinnamon
- 1 TBSP pumpkin spice (my recipe)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the ground flax seed and water. Set aside to thicken for at least five minutes. This is your flax egg.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, sunflower oil, flax egg and non-dairy milk until smooth.
- Add the flour. Then add your baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves on top of the flour. Stir with a large spoon and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour your batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then transfer the loaf to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
Meet Our Baker:
Mandi Mellen is Lead Editor, Staff Writer, and Featured Host at BuzzChomp. She’s an Actress, Writer, Director and Producer. Get lost in her Youtube comedy channel PillowTalk TV. Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Photo Credits to Yours Truly.
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.