- Sports Quotes Game Holiday 2015 Edition – “They said what?”Posted 15 hours ago
- Gear Up: Motivational MondayPosted 16 hours ago
- Stephen Curry tops Lebron James as Best in NBAPosted 4 days ago
- Black Friday Madness – Jill and Jack comedy web series 19Posted 4 days ago
- 10 Min Interval Running Circuit – Fitness FridayPosted 4 days ago
- One Night Stand Gone Wrong – Weekend Warriors Ep 1Posted 4 days ago
- 5 Bold Predictions: The Walking Dead Midseason Finale!Posted 4 days ago
- Jets ButtFumble Greatest Thanksgiving FailPosted 5 days ago
New Year ‘Musical’ Resolutions!
Making New Year’s resolutions seems to have become a thing of the past (at least as far as I’m concerned). For one, they only seem to last a week or so and you are soon back to your old ways. And two, they are usually made under the influence of champagne and midget hot-dogs.
So this year my New Year’s resolutions are all musical in nature (like you’d expect anything else)!
So here goes…
1) Listen to more music by female artists.
a. You see I love great female singers, but not folks like Celine Dion, Adele or Susan Boyle (sure I have Adele’s CD’s in my collection-I’m not that stand-off-ish), but I’m looking for more down-and-dirty–gritty, female singers like Chrissie Hynde or Pink. Bonnie Raitt will do and Sheryl Crow is fine but I’m in search of the next female artist that can play a mean guitar solo, throw back shots of Jack Daniels and sing like Janis Joplin!
2) Get-Out and Play More Gigs.
a. This fragile economy has taken a bite out of us all! We all strive to do what we love and pay the bills. Unfortunately paying the bills always seems to win-out. So I make it a priority this year to– first– get a job (to keep peace in the household) and then get out there and play more shows!
3) Purchase actual CD’s
a. I know–I know, the CD is a dying breed and MP3’s are more convenient and portable but I just don’t trust that some of my favorite artists are reaping the rewards of actual record sales by this ghostly form of musical purchasing. I mean, I even fall victim to the old cliché, “why pay for it if you can get it for free” but this year, if the wallet-allows, I vow to buy actual CD’s from actual retailers to get out and support the artists I love.
4) Clean out my collection of cassette tapes in the attic.
a. Oh boy, this really shows my age. For all you readers who are too young to remember …”Yes, Junior there were these things made from plastic that housed analog magnetic tape from which music emerged.” I still have way too many of these things stored in boxes in the attic that- if I could find a cassette player to put them in-probably wouldn’t produce a sound even if they tried… or would they? See, even now I can’t seem to part with these gems-but it is on my list anyway!
5) Continue to write more fun and thought-provoking posts for BuzzChomp and my own blogs.
Well, you can cross number 5 off the list! Hey, I’m off to a good start!
Happy New Year everybody!