Who doesn’t love a good Macaroni and Cheese? I love all the different twists on the classic baked Mac and Cheese, with this three cheese recipe as my favorite!
Since cheese is one of my favorite foods, I’ve made this baked Mac and Cheese with three different types of cheese, as well as milk and cream to make it so, so good! You can even make it ahead of time and freeze for future use. Sometimes you just need comfort food!
Baked Mac and Cheese
- 1 package macaroni (8 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Italian Panko bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
BuzzChomp Twitter: Follow for updates
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cook and drain macaroni according to package directions; set aside.
3. In a large saucepan melt butter. Add flour mixed with salt and pepper, using a whisk to stir until well blended.
4. Pour milk and cream in gradually, stirring constantly.
5. Bring to a boiling point and boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
7. Add the shredded cheddar cheese little by little, then the goat cheese, and simmer an additional 5 minutes, or until cheeses melt.
8. Add macaroni to the saucepan and toss to coat with the cheese sauce.
9. Transfer coated macaroni to a buttered baking dish.
10. Combine Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs in a small bowl. Sprinkle macaroni with breadcrumb mixture. Top with butter.
11. Bake 20-30 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
More from the chef: GoodDinnerMrsMellen.com and GoodDinnerMrsMellen.blogspot.com
Pingback: Fall Seasonal Roasted Vegetable Medley - BuzzChomp
Pingback: Candied Apple Crumb Cake - Fall's Best Dessert - BuzzChomp