I love to create easy weekday meals that burst with flavor. My Roasted Cauliflower with Italian tuna over pasta is a simple and delicious meal you’ll make over and over again.
Being of Italian heritage, I learned at an early age that you should only consume food that tastes delicious. Meticulous preparation was so important to my mother. She enjoyed the art of cooking and instilled in me a simple concept; food is love that you share with family and friends. I have continued her tradition, preparing meals with a focus on flavor and taste. That’s what makes my roasted cauliflower so memorable.
All you need to add, as my mother was fond of saying, is a pinch or this and a dash of that. Just doctor it up! At ninety-five she still knows how to make food sing with flavor. This recipe was made in her honor and is one I know she would love.
Roasted Cauliflower with Italian Tuna over Pasta
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 6 skin-on garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, toasted
- Italian yellow fin tuna in olive oil (I use Genova, Buy it Here)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 pound pasta or spaghetti
1. On a sheet pan, drizzle a head of chopped cauliflower and six skin-on garlic cloves with some olive oil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Roast at 425°F, tossing occasionally, until the cauliflower is caramelized and crisp, about 30 minutes. Once cool, peel the roasted garlic cloves and chop.
2. In a large bowl, combine one cup of grated Parmesan cheese, three tablespoons of butter, a pinch of salt, two tablespoons of toasted pine nuts, and 1/4 cup of toasted breadcrumbs. (Toast stale bread until lightly golden, then use a food processor to pulse into crumbs.)
3. Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook a pound of short pasta (like Cavatelli) or thin spaghetti. Drain the pasta, reserving about a cup of the cooking liquid.
4. Toss the hot pasta with the cauliflower, garlic cloves, Parmesan butter mixture, and enough pasta water to mix it all together.
5. Add flaked tuna and mix. Garnish with capers.
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our FULL DISCLAIMER for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.