Brussels sprouts are super trendy right now. Everyone is making these beautiful veggies! My Thanksgiving recipe for Roasted Brussels Sprouts with pecans and cranberries is a seasonal twist on this delicious dish.
I love this recipe for the holidays because it combines brussels sprouts with two of my fall favorites, pecans and fresh cranberries. Roasting your brussels sprouts brings out the nutty flavors of the vegetable, enhanced by the addition of pecans. Fresh cranberries tartly play off the smooth taste of the fig balsamic vinegar on top. You’ll love it!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts (trim ends, slice in half and remove yellow leaves)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon fig balsamic vinegar
BuzzChomp Twitter: Follow for updates
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Place trimmed brussels sprouts, olive oil, allspice, kosher salt, and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal tightly and shake to coat.
3) Pour into a baking dish and top with pecans. Place on center oven rack.
4) Roast in your preheated oven for 30 minutes, shaking pan every 5 to 7 minutes for even browning.
5) Top with cranberries and roast another 10 minutes. Drizzle with vinegar. Serve immediately.
More from the chef: GoodDinnerMrsMellen.com and GoodDinnerMrsMellen.blogspot.com