These red velvet brownies are the perfect Easter recipe treat. Oozing with fudge and red velvet, they are vegan and super delicious. This is a quick recipe that you can jazz up by decorating however you like!
My red velvet brownies are the perfect Easter recipe treat. My daughter requested I make the best brownies ever, so I had to step up my game. I wanted to do something different and we love red velvet in my family. What I created are super fudge brownies. These vegan brownies are easy to make like most all brownies, but they are extra fudgey and delicious!
I adapted my brownies recipe from this vegan recipe here, which provided a solid starting point. My favorite part about these red velvet brownies is how easy you can customize them. Brownies are really simple, so adding some flare and personal style goes a long way.
One trick that I find improves my brownies is that I always melt my vegan butter and chocolate chips on the stove top. Then I mix in the sugar that way. But honestly, if you want to use the microwave for your butter, you totally can! Just know that I find there’s a difference. You can totally jazz up these brownies too. I had some leftover chocolate from making chocolate covered strawberries, so I drizzled melted chocolate on top and then added red sprinkles. Add any sort of sprinkles or candies like Easter Eggs and let your kids help!
More BuzzChomp: Shortbread Christmas Cookies Recipe A Simple Vegan Treat
I love a great fudge brownie and these are exactly my style. Red velvet vegan brownies that are so delicious and the fudge sticks in your mouth. If you’re making them for a large party, then double the recipe because you will surely want more for leftovers! Make them and share a picture with us!
Vegan Red Velvet Brownies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Active Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yields: 18 brownies
- 2 tbsp flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax seed + 5 tbsp water)
- ½ cup vegan butter, melted
- ¼ cup vegan dark chocolate chips, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp red food coloring
- Red sprinkles (optional)
- Melted chocolate (optional for drizzling)
Also on BuzzChomp: Cannabis Gift Guide with 5 New Brands
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease your 8″ x 8″ brownie pan.
- In a small bowl mix together your flax seeds and water to create your flax eggs, then set aside.
- Either in the microwave or on the stove in a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine your vegan butter and chocolate chips and melt together. Stir to combine.
- In another small bowl combine your dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt. Whisk them together and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine your sugar, melted vegan butter and chocolate, vanilla, and flax eggs. Whisk until combined. These are your wet ingredients.
- Add your dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk until combined. Then add in your red food coloring and whisk until the color is fully blended.
- Pour your batter into your brownie pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Once baked, let cool for ten minutes and top with melted chocolate and red sprinkles. Decorate them to your heart’s desire!
- Store in an airtight container for up to five days.
Meet Our Baker:
Mandi Mellen is Lead Editor, Writer, and Co-Owner of BuzzChomp. She’s an acclaimed Actor, Director and Producer. Visit M Square Productions for her film work, or get lost in her comedy on Pillow Talk TV. You can follow her on TikTok, Twitter and Instagram.
Photo Credits to Yours Truly.
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.