I simply can’t get enough of fresh salads with farm fresh ingredients. This cucumber salad made with roasted pine nuts and fresh cherry tomatoes is a personal favorite!
Delicious, fresh picked tomatoes and the cool vibes of cucumber are a delight. My tomato and cucumber salad captures them together in a dish that embodies the essence of summer. Its cool and crisp, with added spice and a bit of crunch. The mixture creates a refreshing salad that compliments both meat and fish.
Pine Nut, Tomato and Cucumber Salad
- 1 pound tomatoes, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 pound gourmet cherry tomatoes, sliced in quarters
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 medium scallions, dark green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 teaspoons toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Arrange all tomato and cucumber slices on a platter.
2. Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, olive oil and sugar in a small bowl until sugar dissolves.
3. Drizzle dressing over tomatoes and cucumbers.
4. Top with scallions, jalapeno peppers and pine nuts. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Serve immediately. Can be made a day ahead of time. Simply refrigerate until serving, then drizzle with dressing.