My mom makes the most sinful buffalo chicken dip that’s one of those dips you eat way too much of. I wanted to make it healthy and succeeded with my healthy buffalo cheese dip. Perfect for the holidays!
For my healthy buffalo cheese dip I omitted the chicken from my mom’s original recipe, but feel free to add some. It’s super yummy without it, and since I mostly eat veggies, we have a meat free dip that’s just as spicy and cheesy. The best thing about this dip is that I really made it my own. There are so many different versions of the chicken dip on Pinterest, but no healthy buffalo cheese dip. Some of the dips have ranch dressing, some use ranch seasoning, and some omit it. My dip has my own personal ranch seasoning blend!
To make this healthy, I used low-fat cream cheese. I like it better nine times out of ten, especially for dips. I also used low-fat shredded cheddar cheese, but you can really use whatever cheese suits your fancy.
I made my own ranch for this healthy buffalo cheese dip and decided to skip sour cream and use Greek yogurt, another healthy alternative. I prefer the 0% and absolutely love it. It was so easy to make the ranch seasoning, adding a light ranch flavor that really completes the dip!
There is nothing difficult about this dip at all. Combine everything into a bowl, then transfer to your baking dish and bake it! That is it kids. Now just because I say its healthy, doesn’t mean that you can go and eat the whole dip. That would be a lot and this dip is SPICY, so beware!
- 1 cup low-fat shredded cheese + 1/4 cup (for topping)
- 1 cup 0% Greek yogurt
- 1 package low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry parsley
- 1 teaspoon dry dill weed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix your all of your ranch seasoning ingredients in a small bowl, then mix the ranch blend with your Greek yogurt. Next mix your ranch yogurt with the shredded cheese, cream cheese and Buffalo wing sauce. Use a round pie plate or square glass pan and spoon in the mixture. Top with the additional cheese, and if you’re feeling like you want a little extra spice, drizzle some more Buffalo wing sauce on top.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes. The dip should be bubbly! Serve it with tortilla chips, potato chips, pita chips, or crackers!
That is how easy this healthy Buffalo Cheese Dip is to make! It’s not as sinful as my mom’s original recipe, but it’s just as delicious. Once it’s baked and melted, you will not know that this is made with homemade ranch and low-fat cheeses. Isn’t that the perfect way to make a cheese dip healthy? This healthy Buffalo cheese dip is perfect for the holidays!
Connect with our Writer
Mandi Mellen is Lead Editor, Staff Writer, and Featured Vlogger at BuzzChomp. She’s an actress, writer, and producer. Get lost in her youtube comedy channel PillowTalk TV. Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or Instagram
Buffalo Cheese Dip Photo Credits to: Yours Truly
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.