Summertime offers us farm fresh tomatoes, which are one of my favorite ingredients. I use them for everything from salads to pastas. My Tomato Pesto Pasta recipe combines this bounty of farm fresh ingredients into an amazing dinner!
Farm fresh tomatoes are one of my absolute favorite ingredients, so I set out to make a memorable meal that combines them with other fresh flavors. My tomato pesto pasta is the delicious result, but first I needed spice.
With a bountiful crop of fresh basil, I made an easy pesto sauce. Then I roasted farm fresh colorful cherry tomatoes and tossed them with cooked pasta. Finally, I added on my pesto for a wonderfully easy and quick summertime dinner that everyone will enjoy!
I’ve included links to my favorite ingredients when possible, but feel free to use any brand you love. I also recommend this KitchenAid Professional Stand Mixer for a great cooking experience.
Farm Fresh Tomato Pesto Pasta
- 1 pint tricolor cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound thin spaghetti, cooked according to directions
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Toss tomatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and crushed red pepper. Place in baking dish and roast for 20 minutes, or until tomatoes start to burst.
2) Combine remaining ingredients in a food processor, except for your spaghetti. Process until smooth.
3) Toss pesto with hot spaghetti and top with roasted tomatoes. Serves four people.
Enjoy your Tomato Pesto Pasta!
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.