If you love easy and delicious meals that are quick, then you’ll love my Clams in White Wine Sauce. This recipe is very approachable and serves two people, but feel free to double it for a bigger seafood feast.
I make these clams in white wine sauce for my own family as a light dinner, served with salad and fresh bread. I also enjoy this recipe as a hardier meal tossed with pasta, served with a side salad and fresh bread. Both meals are great with a white wine of your choosing. Either way, these clams are so good.
I’ve included links to my favorite ingredients when possible, but feel free to use any brand you love. I also recommend this KitchenAid Professional Stand Mixer for a great cooking experience.
Clams in White Wine Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (I love Pensey’s Tuscan Sunset)
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 oz. bottled clam juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 lbs. Count Neck Clams
1. Wash clams to remove any dirt or sand.
2. In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute, or until tender. Stir in Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Pour in clam juice and white wine. Bring to a boil, then simmer for five minutes.
3. Add butter and clams, cover, and steam until clams start to open, about ten minutes. Discard any that do not open.
4. Transfer clams to a plate. Serve with fresh bread and a crisp white wine. Serves two people.
Enjoy your delicious clams in white wine sauce!
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.