Springtime cooking means two things to me; foods with asparagus and lemons. This easy 30 minute meal combines my favorite spring flavors into a delightful recipe. Lemon pasta with prosciutto and asparagus is delicious!
Begin with asparagus and add lemon pasta, prosciutto, and cream for a tasty and simple 30 minute meal. My passion for great food leads me to create easy meals that are fresh and flavorful, using simple and natural ingredients. Eating for nourishment doesn’t mean that we need to sacrifice on taste, or spend a lot of time in preparation. Food is meant to be savored and enjoyed with family and friends, not to be rushed eating standing up or walking down the street.
Make an easy and beautiful 30 minute meal. Then invite family and friends to relax with you, while you all create lasting memories to cherish this spring.
I’ve included links to my favorite ingredients when possible, but feel free to use any brand you love. I also recommend this KitchenAid Professional Stand Mixer for a great cooking experience.
Lemon Pasta with Prosciutto and Asparagus
- 1 pound spaghetti or linguine
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced shallots (about 2 large)
- 4 ounces prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup asparagus, lightly steamed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest (from about 1 large lemon)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus more for serving
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese (for serving)
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced for garnish
1. Cook spaghetti (or linguine) in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes (do not brown).
3. Add prosciutto, asparagus, and cream to your skillet. Bring to a simmer and cook until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
4. Remove sauce from heat and stir in lemon zest, 2 tablespoons parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
5. Return pasta to pot. Toss with sauce and reserved cooking liquid. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Place pasta on a plate and top with parsley, parmesan cheese, and more pepper. Garnish with lemon slices.
Enjoy your amazing 30 minute meal!
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.