Roasted Swordfish presents a multitude of meal options for savvy and beginner cooks alike. I chose a personal favorite for this recipe, adding homemade olive tapenade to this delicious fish. Enjoy!
Swordfish is a wonderfully dense and firm white fish that’s easy to prepare because it absorbs the seasonings and flavorings perfectly. That means you can have fun with your meals, which is exactly what I did when adding my homemade olive tapenade and tomatoes.
I love to pan sear and grill my swordfish, but roasted swordfish is my personal favorite. It’s so versatile! In this recipe I combine swordfish with another favorite, homemade olive tapenade. The dish is completed with petite tomatoes on top. Simply delicious!
Great recipes start with great equipment, and I highly recommend this KitchenAid Professional Stand Mixer. It comes in so many great colors!
Roasted Swordfish with Olive Tapenade
- 1 lb. swordfish
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Olive tapenade (recipe below)
- 1 cup petite tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place swordfish in an oven proof dish. Pour lemon juice on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Let stand while preparing olive tapenade (recipe below).
- Place tapenade over swordfish then top with tomatoes. Sprinkle with fresh basil.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Serves two.
Olive Tapenade Ingredients:
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed and dried
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Puree until the olives are a fine spread.
- I like my black olive tapenade to be like a fine spread, but you can try different constituencies from chopped to pureed.
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.