Roasting chicken sausage is a healthy alternative to frying without losing the wonderful taste of the spices in your meat. My roasted Chicken Sausage Recipe combines this healthy alternative with delicious white beans and tomatoes. Enjoy!
When I’m craving a hearty and healthy one-dish meal, I make this delicious roasted chicken sausage recipe. First I place fiber filled white beans in a baking dish, then I add my chicken sausage. Before roasting I top with simmered tomatoes, shallots, garlic, olives, capers, herbs and anchovies. The anchovies are optional, but these little fishes add a little zing to the tomato sauce.
With or without the anchovies, this dish a personal favorite of mine. The flavors of the beans and chicken sausage combine beautifully, and the full-bodied tomato sauce completes the meal. You can even make it ahead of time and freeze it. I often serve mine with a side of fresh bread, or over steamed white rice.
If you’re in need of baking help, I recommend this KitchenAid Professional Stand Mixer for a great cooking experience!
Roasted Chicken Sausage Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Hunts diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, thinly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 2 oil-packed anchovy fillets, chopped (optional)
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) Goya Prime Premium white beans, rinsed
- 1 pound chicken sausage links
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a sauce pan heat olive oil over medium heat, then add shallots and garlic, cooking until translucent, but don’t brown.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, pepper, basil, olives, capers and anchovy fillets. Simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Place rinsed white beans in a baking dish. Top with chicken sausage, followed by your tomato sauce. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.