Tea breads or loaf breads are delectable sweet breads that are simply delicious and easy to make. My pumpkin cranberry tea bread adds a dash of flare with white chocolate.
This bread is perfect for a beginning baker, or to make when you are short on time. You can also make it and freeze to eat later. Smaller loaf sizes are perfect little treats to give as gifts during the holidays. Simply wrap in cellophane and tie it with a festive ribbon.
Pumpkin bread is delicious anytime of the year, but I crave it around Thanksgiving. Combined with cranberries, it fits the holiday and the season. For me, baking isn’t just about taste, but also the heavenly aromas that fill your home and embody tradition.
Pumpkin Cranberry Tea Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sweetened, dried cranberries
- 1 cup Ghirardelli white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans (see below for options).
2. Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
3. Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil and juice a in large mixer bowl. Beat until just blended.
4. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and white chocolate chips. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
5. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks and let cool completely.
Recipe makes two loaves.
For three 8 x 4 inch loaf pans:
Prepare as above. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes.
For five or six 5 x 3 inch mini-loaf pans:
Prepare as above. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes.