I love to experiment with different flavors to create new recipes. My Mexican Chicken Parmesan is an amazing mix of the classic Italian dish and Mexican spices.
From the time I first learned to cook at a young age, I’ve developed and honed the ability to create delicious dishes that fill the need for putting a meal on the table quickly. I believe that when you are going to eat, your food should taste wonderful and invite you to sit down, even on a week night with your family. My Mexican Chicken Parmesan is so tasty and easy to prepare, taking only 45 minutes from start to setting the meal on the table! Its perfect during the busy holiday season.
Mexican Chicken Parmesan
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup plain Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 carton (8 oz) fresh salsa, medium
- 1 cup Mexican four cheese blend
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
1) Spray your baking dish with cooking spray. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Season both sides of each chicken breast with salt and black pepper.
3) Place flour in a shallow dish. Place egg in a separate shallow dish. Combine Panko crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a third shallow dish. Dip chicken first in flour, then in the egg, and then in the Panko crumb mixture.
4) Transfer coated chicken to the prepared baking dish. Spoon salsa over chicken. Top with cheese blend and then arrange jalapeno peppers in the baking dish.
5) Bake for 30 minutes, or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven and serve.