I just can’t get enough of farm fresh cherry tomatoes, especially when they’re multi-colored. I love to roast them up and serve over tender and savory grilled polenta. Easy and delicious!
You can create so many different recipes with farm fresh ingredients like cherry tomatoes. Sometimes I serve them over pasta or farro. But I have to admit, my favorite dish is with grilled polenta. Start by making a polenta loaf, slice it up, then brush with olive oil. Grill your polenta and serve with your roasted cherry tomatoes. I love Bellino Instant Polenta, ready in only three minutes.
Grilled Polenta with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
1 package Bellino Instant Polenta
4 cups water
4 cups milk (can use 2%)
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup snipped fresh basil
2 cloves minced garlic
2 tablespoons butter
Pinch of kosher salt
4 cups assorted cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon capers
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, snipped
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a large pot bring water and milk to a boil. Lower heat, then add polenta stirring for three minutes until thoroughly combined.
3. Remove mixture from heat and add Parmesan cheese. Mix until combined. Fold in basil, garlic, butter and salt. Pour into your greased loaf pan and refrigerate for 4 hours. You can make the polenta a day ahead of time.
4. Place tomatoes in a large baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Add capers, salt, pepper and fresh thyme. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until tomatoes are brown.
5. Heat your grill. Slice polenta into 1/2 inch thick slices and brush with olive oil. Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side.
6. Plate one or two slices of polenta per person and top with roasted cherry tomatoes.