As fall rolls into New England with cool mornings that feel like rich jewel colors awakening the senses, I stroll through my local farmer’s market on a mission to capture the season in a perfect Roasted Vegetable Medley.
For my vegetable medley I choose multicolored cherry tomatoes, deep hewed potatoes, fresh picked onions and herbs that I can smell from afar. The array of gorgeous fresh produce still available has captivated me, and I leave with my basket full and heavy. I race home to create both a delicious vegetable roast and a world class visual of my seasonal bounty!
Fall Seasonal Roasted Vegetable Medley
- 8 oz multicolored gourmet potatoes
- 4 cups whole heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh French thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place potatoes, tomatoes, onion and garlic in a 2 quart baking dish. Drizzle olive oil over top.
3. Add basil, thyme, salt, black pepper and hot pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
4. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until tomatoes just start to burst with flowing juices.
5. Serve warm with fresh baked bread to soak up the heavenly flavors. Great for lunch or as a side dish.