When I was young I spent many hours at my grandparents home, filling my heart with a love of food and creating cherished memories like this delicious Egg Sandwich with Asparagus. It’s the perfect lunchtime combination!
My grandparents, Theresa and Vincent, came to America from Italy as part of the great immigration of the early 1900’s. Along with their desire for a better life, they brought with them their love of food and preparing memorable meals. My passion for cooking began by watching these two wonderful people sitting in their kitchen preparing feast after feast for our family. Their cooking was so simple and always included fresh ingredients, prepared with love and tradition.
One of my favorite meals was made impromptu and especially for me. As a young girl, my grandmother would prepare for me an egg sandwich with asparagus. It was so good I’d always ask for seconds! I loved all of her cooking, but this simple sandwich was my favorite.
I’ve included links to my favorite ingredients when possible, but feel free to use any brand you love. I also recommend this KitchenAid Professional Stand Mixer for a great cooking experience.
Egg Sandwich with Asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch of asparagus, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 slices Italian bread
- Olive oil for brushing
1. Heat olive oil in sauté pan, adding asparagus, salt, and pepper. Cook until tender, about ten minutes, making sure not to brown.
2. In a small bowl combine eggs and parmesan cheese. Add egg mixture to pan and scramble with asparagus, cooking until eggs are set and not watery.
3. Brush bread with oil. Toast until golden.
4. Serve as a sandwich. Makes two egg sandwiches.
Enjoy your amazing Egg Sandwich with Asparagus!
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.