Summer means juicy blueberries and incredible desserts. Fresh picked blueberries, ripened to perfection, make for amazing treats, like my Blueberry Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake!
Blueberries inherently present a problem for me. I love them so much that I often eat a whole pint before I even start baking my cake. I always buy extra berries for this reason, because this dessert is too good to miss.
What I love best about my blueberry pecan streusel coffee cake is that it fits my requirements for summer baking. It’s a simple recipe that’s easy to prepare, its delicious, and it can be made ahead of time. This cake is short on time and long on taste. The perfect summer treat!
I’ve included links to my favorite ingredients when possible, but feel free to use any brand you love. I also recommend this KitchenAid Professional Stand Mixer for a great cooking experience.
Blueberry Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) cold, unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries, plus more for garnish
BuzzChomp Twitter: Follow for updates
Prepare the Pecan Streusel:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together chopped pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, flour, granulated sugar, and ground cardamom in a medium bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup cold butter pieces. Using your fingers or a pastry blender, combine until a sandy texture is achieved.
Prepare the Cake:
- Sift together baking powder, flour, granulated sugar, and cardamom.
- Beat cream, vanilla, egg, and melted butter with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until frothy, about 1 minute.
- Fold in the flour mixture with a spatula until blended. Do not over mix.
- Arrange the blueberries evenly over the cake batter, pressing them into the batter just a bit.
- Cover the top evenly with the Pecan Streusel, pressing lightly.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Cool in pan, on a rack, for 1 hour.
- Remove sides of pan before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Enjoy your Blueberry Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake!
More from the Chef:
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.
Pingback: Grandma's Authentic Italian Spaghetti Sauce and Meatballs Recipe