- Motivational Monday – Soak in the Sun!Posted 7 hours ago
- 2015 NBA Finals Pre-preview: Warriors vs CavaliersPosted 7 hours ago
- Secret Agents Spy a Riddle – Pillow Talk comedy web series 15Posted 3 days ago
- Fitness Friday: Hydrate or DiePosted 3 days ago
- Pretty Little Liars ‘A’ Theories – Jason is Charles!Posted 3 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Major changes from books in “Unbroken”Posted 3 days ago
- The Ultimate Sports Debate hits DC sports fansPosted 3 days ago
- #TBT – Poltergeist is Scariest Horror Movie ever!Posted 4 days ago
“Impressive and Unnecessary” – What ha… happened?
This week we ask “What ha… happened?” The internet was scoured for a crazy sports photo or GIF and someone must try to explain it. Seesaw Sports asks what ha… happened? Monday: Opening statement. Friday: Rebuttal.
Real photos. Real results. But what in the heck happened?
I present to you the following:
Photo: Impressive and Unnecessary
Title: “Not all spring training is created equal”
Description: In honor of spring training I’d like to present exhibit A for immediate penalty. Mr. Kawasaki is obviously talented. Headstands are not easy and the way he kicked it up a notch is admirable. But come on man!
Why take it to this level? Why do it for a national audience? What ha… happened?
Why take it to that level? I’ll tell you why. He needs a job! Where better to show off his talents than during Spring Training. Munenori Kawasaki is a backup middle infielder for the Toronto Blue Jays. He…doesn’t play much. A quick glance at his stats shows he has hit one career home run. Well, one more than we have I suppose.
However, you glossed over the important part here. Kawasaki is not as talented as he is making it seem. Handstands are indeed impressive, when pulled off. But Kawasaki is being aided (and abetted!) by the wall! You must realize how easy it is to stand on your hands when supported from behind by a three foot wall.
This “performance” is mimicry of a cool workout at best and a misleading disregard for human decency and respect at worst.
We can only hope this outburst leads to Kawasaki’s resignation or that, at the very least, the Jays designate him for assignment.
Credit ExtraMustard.SI.com for the sweet GIF