I love a good dip! I’m also a sucker for recipes that only have a few ingredients, and this tomato pesto cheese dip is perfect and easy for the holidays!
Whether you’re having family and friends over, or you’re going somewhere else to party, this bad boy is so simple! I actually made this dip for Thanksgiving and put it together the day before, but didn’t bake it until the day of. So easy and delicious! Even if you don’t put it together early, don’t worry because it is seriously so quick!
ALSO ON BUZZCHOMP: Christmas Breakfast Casseroles & Sinful French Toast
I love this recipe not only because it is so easy, but also because you can serve it with anything! Crackers will dip in wonderful with this. When I made it for the holidays, I served pita chips with it and someone brought regular potato chips. Both were so delicious with this cheese dip! You could also make your own crostini with french bread, by baking or toasting it, and serving it on the side.
Tomato Pesto Cheese Dip
- 1 package cream cheese (I use the low-fat one)
- 1/2 jar of pesto sauce
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1/2 package of cherry tomatoes
1) Using a pie plate or your favorite round baking dish, spread the cream cheese on the bottom. I like to use a plastic bag on my hand so you can really get the cream cheese spread on the bottom.
2) Next, spread your pesto sauce over the top of the cream cheese. Next time I might make my own homemade pesto sauce!
3) Cut your cherry tomatoes in half and top it with as many tomatoes as you can. I used about half of the package.
4) Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top!
5) If you’re making ahead of time, cover and put it in your fridge. If not, pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees F and bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on your oven strength.
BuzzChomp Twitter: Follow for updates
That’s it kids! This dip is so easy. If you’re bringing this to a friend’s house, they will love it! Just make sure you bake it there. The tomatoes will be hot, so don’t burn your mouth! My man always burns his mouth on them, so just make sure you let it sit out a for a few minutes before serving.
If you’re lucky you’ll have leftovers, which for me was even better than the original tomato pesto cheese dip! I toasted it on a leftover roll and enjoyed the dip the next day. It was so good and yummy. I didn’t need anything else on it! But if you want to add it to your leftover turkey sandwich, that will be delicious too. Since we had a lot of leftovers, I was also able to enjoy it on my turkey sandwich and it was just perfect!
I love this recipe and you can totally make it all year long! But it’s an especially great recipe for the holiday season. Only four ingredients and barely any prep. Be careful once you start eating this dip, because you are not going to want to stop! Make sure you don’t fill up on it, because the leftovers are just as good as it was the first time!
Mandi Mellen is Lead Editor, Staff Writer, and Featured Vlogger at BuzzChomp. She’s an actress, writer, and producer. Get lost in her youtube comedy channel PillowTalk TV. Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or Instagram
Pingback: Vegetarian French Onion Soup Great and Original Recipe