I love make-ahead meals that can be easily heated for a home-cooked meal made quickly. There is no better dish than my Chicken Mushroom Casserole in white wine, served over delicious Arborio rice.
Many a Sunday you will find me in the kitchen cooking meals for the coming week. This makes having a home-cooked meal both easy and quick on a weeknight. What could be tastier than my chicken mushroom casserole in white wine? Nothing is, because it’s fragrantly flavored with fresh thyme. The chicken is so tender, separating from the bone without even using a knife. I recommend serving over Arborio rice and enjoying this meal along with crusty fresh bread, dipped into the wine sauce.
If you’re in need of baking help, I recommend this KitchenAid Professional Stand Mixer for a great cooking experience!
Chicken Mushroom Casserole
- 3 pounds split chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 leek, thinly sliced, white part only
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 dry bay leaf, crushed
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Salt and pepper your chicken breasts.
- In a casserole pan heat your olive oil (I use a Le Creuset casserole pan).
- Add chicken breasts to your pan, cooking on each side until lightly browned. Remove from pan and place on a dish. Set aside.
- Add mushrooms, leeks, shallot and garlic to your casserole pan. Cook for 5 minutes while stirring, or until all the juices are gone. Add wine, chicken broth, parsley, bay leaf and thyme.
- Remove casserole from stove and add back your chicken. Place in the oven, baking for 30 minutes. Garnish with more thyme.
- Serve over Arborio rice.
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.