Just in time for Cinco de Mayo, this deliciously simple Chicken Enchiladas casserole will rock your taste buds. I’ve added a sour cream sauce for extra yum.
My chicken enchiladas casserole has tons of flavor, but you can add more heat to this dish by simply adding more hot sauce and two chopped jalapeño peppers, instead of just one. Don’t skimp on the heat for the holiday. Have fun, adding your own spin to this wonderful Mexican meal. Enjoy!
I’ve included links to my favorite ingredients when possible, but feel free to use any brand you love. I also recommend this KitchenAid Professional Stand Mixer for a great cooking experience.
Chicken Enchiladas Casserole
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, or Purdue short cuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch scallions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh snipped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 10 soft flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup jalapeño wheels (comes in a jar)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place chicken breast in baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes.
2. Shred chicken and place in a bowl; set aside.
3. Heat oil in a skillet. Then add scallions, garlic, jalapeño pepper(s) and tomatoes. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring throughout. Then add cilantro and hot sauce, continuing to cook for another 2 minutes. Mix with shredded chicken and set aside.
4. Put tortillas between two paper towels and microwave for one minute. Fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup chicken mixture and roll up the tortilla. Place tortillas, seam side down, in baking dish.
5. Combine cream and sour cream in a bowl. Spoon sauce over tortillas. Top with cheese and jalapeño wheels. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, or until bubbly and starting to brown.
6. Serve with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.
Enjoy your homemade Chicken Enchiladas Casserole!
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.