I love pancakes, but I hardly ever order them out, and I’m always looking for delicious, fluffy, and easy vegan pancakes! I found a great recipe that I’ve now made my own. Yum!
For a long time I was obsessing over protein pancakes, but they’re not the same as traditional fluffy pancakes! On my quest for the perfect, easy, pancakes I wanted to make sure they were healthy and not too dense. I finally found a vegan pancakes recipe and then made it my own. My recipe does not disappoint. There are no eggs. I used almond milk and sunflower oil and they are so fluffy and delicious!
ALSO ON BUZZCHOMP: Running Success – Aligning with Your Body
The best part about these vegan pancakes is that they don’t skimp on taste! You can’t tell that they’re vegan. For me, that’s the mark of a truly delicious and healthy recipe. The taste is still there, but you don’t feel any guilt eating them! That’s always my goal when I work on a healthy recipe.
- 1 1/4 cups flour (you can sub whole wheat flour)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Mix your dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients. Then pour your wet into the dry and mix together.
- You now have the option to add fruit, carob chips, or nuts to the batter. I added carob chips and pecans. A great combination!
- Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat. Once hot, pour your batter in, making it round and evenly sized. You should get anywhere from 6-8 pancakes depending on the size. Flip each pancake once the side gets golden.
- Top them with whatever your fancy is. I topped mine with a little agave.
I can’t stress enough how amazing these vegan pancakes are. It’s hard to get good and fluffy pancakes without using eggs. Trust me, I’ve tried a lot of different ways and they never truly come out the way I like them!
Feel free to add whatever fruit you want to these bad boys. I was totally feeling nuts and carob chips in mine. Normally my go to is blueberries or strawberries, but I was feeling the sweet vibe this time around. Don’t go overboard with adding too much to the pancakes, because they’re truly delicious on their own!
Since I’m not vegan but I enjoy vegan dishes, I accompanied these pancakes with two eggs over-easy and two pieces of turkey bacon. I wanted a great brunch, but again I wanted it to be healthy. This was definitely a success!
This recipe is perfect for two people. If you are making it for more, just double the batter. If you’re making it for yourself, you can make this batter and put the rest in the fridge for later. You can also just make it all and save the leftover pancakes for later.
These fluffy, easy, and perfect vegan pancakes hit the spot. They’re totally going to be my go to pancakes to make at home. I love recipes where you don’t need to buy anything extra, because I already had all of these ingredients at home. I can’t wait to make them again for me and my man. Once my little baby girl is eating solid foods, I’ll be making these for her too!
Mandi Mellen is Lead Editor, Staff Writer, and Featured Vlogger at BuzzChomp. She’s an actress, writer, and producer. Get lost in her youtube comedy channel PillowTalk TV. Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or Instagram
Photo Credits to: Yours truly