Fresh picked tomatoes are bursting with flavor and the perfect start to a tasty salad. For the perfect Cucumber and Tomato Salad, I add fresh basil and feta cheese. Its delicious!
I love fresh tomatoes right off the vine, so every year I buy a cherry tomato plant for my patio to enjoy the luscious taste of fresh tomatoes. I’m always amazed at the bounty of fruits that this little plant produces. They are so fresh and tasty, I just want to pop them in my mouth as I pick the ripe tomatoes.
Cucumbers and tomatoes are a wonderful combination of flavors and texture. They go perfectly together without adding too many other ingredients. For an easy, simple, salad of cucumbers and tomatoes I love to add a little fresh basil and feta cheese. I dress our salad with olive oil and lemon juice and sprinkle it with salt and pepper. This salad is so simple and oh so delicious!
I’ve included links to my favorite ingredients when possible, but feel free to use any brand you love. I also recommend this KitchenAid Professional Stand Mixer for a great cooking experience.
Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- 1/2 cup lettuce (I use spring greens)
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, cut in slivers
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh pepper
1. Place greens around the edge of your plate.
2. Fill center area with cucumbers. Then top with tomatoes, basil, and feta cheese.
3. Combine olive oil and lemon juice in a bowl. Pour over salad and sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
Enjoy your Cucumber and Tomato Salad!
BuzzChomp is an affiliate for products and services recommended herein. Please read our Full Disclaimer for further information on affiliate programs and opportunities.